1. When I can get all the chores done (laundry, cleaning etc.) by 11a, that’s a productive day. [ Never mind the fact I’m constantly picking up random toys and what not throughout the day. ]
2. Hi, I’m a perfume addict. Currently sampling five different vials of Le Labo perfume. I love the brand and their aesthetic but, I’ve yet to find ‘the one’ scent that I’d be willing to purchase a full sized bottle for. Santal 33 is at the top but, that’s their most popular scent so, meh.
3. Only 2 weeks of summer vacation left. We’ll soon have a 3rd grader! C has been wanting to go back to school since last month, ha. I’ll have to remind him of this when he’s an angst-y teen who we have to drag out of bed.
Side note: It always feels a little odd to be one of the last districts to start school. Also, I do not miss the extra traffic or drop off/pick up shenanigans!
4. 7 more days until L turns three – eek! I am dreading the terrible three’s. IDK why people always say two year olds are terrors because, in my experience, three year olds are absolute monsters! Though, something tells me L will remain his sweet, go with the flow self. At least I hope he does.
5. So O is getting all four of his canines in at the same time and OMFG y’all, he is one moody little turd! Sometimes I just look at him while he’s tantrum-ing and think, ‘What-the-motherfuck?!’ Honestly, I don’t recall C or L going through this insanity. At least their tantrums weren’t as frequent or as ear piercingly painful. I may never hear well again.
Introducing my newest deck, the Antique Anatomy Tarot (Ephemera Edition) by Claire Goodchild (IG : @BlackandtheMoon)
Gorgeous isn’t it?
I’ve been waiting for this deck to arrive since June. It was definitely worth the wait. I adore the card backs and of course the artwork.
I’m looking forward to getting to know and working with it for my daily throws.
1. Currently searching for just the right journal/sketchbook. It needs to be hardbound in leather (though I’ll make an exception), have 300+ blank pages and about 6×8. So far the ones I’ve seen do not have as many pages as I’d like. It’s out there, somewhere, and I’ll find it!
2. I’m in the middle of the first season of GRIMM and so far it has held my attention. Doesn’t hurt that the male lead is nice to look at.
3. The Husband and I agree, we want to live somewhere where the daytime highs are between 65°-70° and the nights are 40°-45°. Does such a place even exist? If so, that would be our version of heaven.
4. I never thought I would ever (ever!) purchase a two piece swimsuit let alone two of them but, my old ones were too big/loose so I needed replacements. They’re retro, colorful and patterned(!) and best of all, super flattering – love!
1. Hello, August! The closer we get to Fall/Winter, the better my mood gets. If only the weather would cooperate. I’m so over this heat!
2. I miss Disneyland. Especially the corn dogs from Corn Dog Castle. They’re not the healthiest but, damn they hit the spot.
3. I love my boys but, OMFG they drive me insane! IDK how my grandparents did it with 5 and 11 kids! I would die. These kids owe me big time.
4. When you look forward to driving your vehicle every day and never fail to look back at it as you walk away – that’s how you know you got the right one. I love my Lilith! I have a shit ton of plans/projects for her but, most will have to wait until the kids are a bit older. Can’t really take a toddler off-roading, y’know?
5. Thinking about starting over with a combined journal + planner + grimoire + tarot journal type of deal. Maybe? I’d have to figure out how to organize it all without it getting cluttered. Gah.
Making time to pick up my Micron pens and draw. It’s not always easy but, every minute helps me de-stress. I like to think it also helps keep me sane.
I cannot believe C is now EIGHT years old. In some ways he seems so grown up but, on the other hand he’s still a kid and he/we have so much more to learn and ways to grow.
The past 3 years have been quite eventful for C. He became a big bro to L, we sold our first house and moved into our new house, then he became a big bro again when O came along. Not to mention school and making friends. He has taken it all in stride.
We spent his birthday at Disneyland/California Adventure as it was also the last day of our annual passes. As always we had a great time. Disney never ceases to make us smile and make us appreciate how lucky we truly are.
Looking back at our pics from a year ago, it amazes me how these kids have seemingly doubled in size right before our eyes. I mean, in a couple years or so C will be my height!
I’ll never be one of those moms who wish her kids would stay little forever. I used to feel that way when it was just C but, now I look forward to the day they leave our nest fly off to new adventures. Why would I want to wish them to be kids forever? That sentiment always sounded selfish to me. I want to witness my boys learn and experience new things, explore whatever interests them and grow up to be happy, successful adults.