I started two creative projects this year :
A perpetual journal that will (hopefully) be filled with nature drawings and anecdotal musings. My goal is to venture into botanical art (which gets me outside more) and improve my mediocre drawing skills.
A new notebook that will be used as a bullet journal/planner, an art/scrapbook journal and tarot and witchy pseudo-grimoire. It’s all going to mesh well together, I know it!
That’s all. I swear.
I know well enough that I don’t have the time for anything more. I tried that mess last year and, other than my Tarot365 project, everything else went to the wayside.
I have learned I can’t do everything I want to do even if I really, really want to do it. It’s better to do a couple things right than half-ass it all – right? Right.
I started going to my local yoga studio again. I didn’t just buy a series of classes, I signed up for a monthly membership which allows me to attend an unlimited amount of classes. However many I can fit into my schedule. I’m aiming for 3x a week.
An early birthday treat, to me from me.
Honestly, I find it far more beneficial and motivating to go to an actual studio than to follow along to a YT video at home. Plus, it gets me out of the house and I’m guaranteed an uninterrupted 1 hour and 15 minutes to myself. It’s bliss I tell ya!
1. A blessed Yule and happy Winter Solstice! I wasn’t able to plan anything fancy this time around but, I was able to gaze at the gorgeous full moon while out and about.
2. Holiday shopping and gift wrapping is done. Literally cannot fit/hide anymore gifts in our bedroom. Thankfully the toddlers haven’t been able to ransack their stash.
3. Visited my family today. My mom sent me home with a fridge full of her yummy home-cooking. That’s the way she has always shown her love, by making sure our bellies are full.
4. I’m exhausted. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in three years. I’m not even exaggerating. I keep telling myself (and people tell me) this “phase” will pass but, what will be left of me then?
5. The news/politics is still depressing AF. I cannot watch or read without feeling anger, frustration and hopelessness.
I also have so many questions… When will it end? How much damage will be done? Why does no one care enough to do anything to stop it?
I do wish I was more apathetic to it all. It seems it would be much easier road to be on.
6. I’m nearing the end of my Tarot365 project for this year. I’m proud of myself for sticking to it and making it a priority (because self-care!).
I don’t plan to do it for 2019 but, I will definitely join any tarot challenges if they pique my interest.
7. I’m undecided on whether I want to keep/maintain a journal/planner next year. Usually I’d have my new one set up and ready to go but, I’m so unmotivated. Perhaps I’ll wait until my birthday? Or not.
8. 2019 is nine days away and I’m so ready to leave this year in the dust. There’s a lot to be done!
1. Y’all, I splurged A LOT last month on skincare, makeup, new clogs and other assorted treats for myself. BUT I also picked few gifts along the way to balance things out, ha.
2. The Husband and I have come to the point where we buy ourselves whatever we want for the holidays and birthdays. It’s easier this way. Though every year he manages to sneak a surprise or two.
3. I’m looking forward to 2019. This year has been exhausting mostly because it’s difficult to keep up with two rambunctious toddlers. I’m manifesting a healthy, peaceful, happy, balanced and prosperous year for us. And so it is.
Ordered a couple samples from Le Labo Fragrances the other day. Y’all know me and my perfume addiction!
TONKA 25 is a new scent – the first in over three years from this brand. There’s a burst of the citrusy/orange notes at the beginning then it’s replaced by an almost incense-y smell. IMO it is reminiscent of ‘Noir 29’ in that it has a slightly dark, booze-y quality along with the musky dry woods. I very much appreciate that it’s not the typical powder-y gourmand vanilla drenched tonka bean perfume (ick!). In short, I like it enough to add it to my little sample rotation.
I’ve mentioned SANTAL 33 here and there before. It’s a scent I *really* love. There are dupes (Commodity ‘Book’ and Phlur ‘Sandara’) available for less but, Le Labo’s version is one that truly stands out sillage and longevity wise. As such, it’s also one of their more über popular fragrances. I wanted another sample vial as I tend to combine it w/ my other perfumes/oils. At this rate though, I’m probably better off getting a full sized bottle.
It’s been a while, eh? I notice I go through cycles of wanting to post and share *everything* then suddenly, I have an overwhelming urge to retreat and be a hermit.
Sort of how the moon waxes and wanes.
Admittedly, I much prefer the shadow side.
Do you love the smell of old leather? I’m talking the old dusty leather tomes you’d find in a library, the scent of a well-worn leather jacket or luxe leather bag. This candle I found at @Target (of all places, ha) is all that and more. The wood wick is a neat feature, it crackles as it burns.
It’s appropriately called, ‘Leather Bound’ and it’s a perfect scent for this overcast Fall-like day in California. I’m SO not the cinnamon pumpkin blah blah type of fragrance consumer. I want my home to smell clean, classic and cozy. Bonus points if the scent (whether candle or perfume) is androgynous.