Welcome to INKWITCHERY!
If you’ve followed/known me for a while you’d know I’ve had a number of domains/websites (or online journals, before they were called blogs) since 2000. It has been such a long time since I’ve had a proper website. In fact my last real update was Spring of 2013! A lot has changed and most of it has been documented on my Instagram account (@inkwitchery).
This domain is my renewed attempt at keeping a cohesive online presence that extends beyond the quick FB, Twitter or IG posts.
Halloween is near and I couldn’t be more excited. However, there isn’t a lick of the typical Halloween decor up. We’ve been so busy almost every day it’s difficult to find the time to haul everything out of the garage. Plus, with L getting into everything and O’s separation anxiety, I’m thinking the only decorating we’ll be doing is on our front porch.
In any case, I’ve been in the mood to draw and doodle. I thought I’d try out drawing people/figures and objects instead of my usual zentangles/zendoodles.
As you can see there’s definitely some room for improvement, ha.
1. First tattoo(s) consultation in about 6 years with a new tattoo artist who I’ve been following on IG for over a year. Immediately loved the zen vibe of the studio and her personality. Can not wait to get inked next month!
2. Pumpkin spice Krispy Kreme donuts – so good!
3. Needing to buy new jeans because all my favorite ones are falling off.
4. The way the boys’ faces lights up whenever they hear their favorite songs or watch their favorite movies.
5. My mom wants to celebrate her birthday at our house AND bring all the food – ha.
I dabble in a lot of creative hobbies and interests. I bounce around from writing to making jewelry, to singing, then gardening, to decorating…
However art, specifically drawing, has always been my go-to. Sitting down with pen in hand, sketchbook in front of me and my favorite tunes in the background is unadulterated bliss. I can leave the hectic world behind, get in my creative zone and conjure my own brand of magic.
For me, art and music go hand in hand. I love both equally and unequivocally.
1. Free styling the long holiday weekend. No plans because sometimes it’s better to go with the flow.
2. Sudden summer storms clearing away the gross, hot and muggy air.
3. A new (huge!) tandem stroller for our two under 3 that will surely help strengthen my biceps. I hope.
4. A bushel of passionfruit from our neighbors’ bountiful garden. Thankful to have good (quiet) neighbors.
5. Only 57 days until Halloween! Is it too early to start decorating?
1. The thing with living in a house built in 1906 is there was no air conditioning back then. Yes, our original windows do their job letting the breeze in but, when it inevitably gets hot and humid here in perpetually sunny SoCal, our house is stifling.
2. “They” say it’s because we’re a coastal community which means it never gets *that* hot here so AC wasn’t a necessity yadda, yadda… *I* say STFU because it was 96° today and not even the so-called ocean breeze can compete with that shite.
3. Climate change, people. Climate fucking change.
4. Cue the spiffy new portable AC/dehumidifier unit the Husband’s workmate lent to us (indefinitely? lol). Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways… While it won’t cool down the whole house it WILL make it comfortable enough so that I’m not sweating (and hella cranky) all day.
5. Oreo cookie shakes FTMFW!
I want… this fucking heatwave to suck it.
I want… cold weather. Like, wite-walkers marching down the fucking street, cold.
I want… grey and misty mornings where I can wear all my cute ass clothes.
(Side note : I have to go out and buy new jeans because two subsequent pregnancies left me with LESS of an ass than I started off with?! AND 15lbs lighter but, that’s probably due to breastfeeding two humans).
I want… good food because I’m always famished and parched. I also want someone to cook it for me because I sure as hell don’t want to stand in front of a hot stove.
I want… the old days of the internet, when it was an ‘escape’ from the real world.
JUSTICE (hold yourself accountable, seek balance between work/play/life)
QUEEN OF SWORDS (be direct, don’t let your emotions rule your choices)