Where have I been?!
June is nearly over and my last update was April. Not that long of a lapse but, long enough for me to start feeling guilty about not giving this space enough of my time.
Not that I’ve disappeared completely. Oh, no. I’ve been in the throes of a couple self-inflicted (ha) drawing and tarot challenges on my IG account (@inkwitchery). Those have been keeping me busy and I may attempt to do another tarot challenge in July.
Also! My eldest is on Summer break so it’s just me with the three little monsters during the day. I’m sure you can imagine the shenanigans they get into! THEN we have their 7th and 2nd birthdays coming up next month and August so it’s going to be hectic AF.
Since it’s Summer, I’ve pared down my whole makeup routine since I hate wearing anything heavy when the weather is hotter than I like it to be (warmer than 75°). It’s just not worth the hassle, honestly.
However, I do plan to post a few beauty/product reviews soon as I’m expecting another awesome Vox Box from Influenster some time this week. I love being able to try out and review new products for free – who wouldn’t?! Pics and what not will be up on my IG and in depth reviews, as always, will be here.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading my quick update! 🙂
My best nine (well, technically 18) images from my IG accounts; @inkwitchery and @_beatnikbeauty.
What a crazy year 2016 has been! Shall I make a list of the highlights?
• I turned 37.
• Husband turned 38.
• We found out through an ER trip & then a blood test that L has lots of food allergies. As a result I changed my diet (paleo/allergy free) completely for him!
• We got season passes to Knotts Berry Farm!
• I joined the Tea Coven and met/got to know an amazing group of witchy women!
• Made new friends.
• Let go of old friends.
• We sold our first home (bungalow479)!
• We bought a new home (bungalow2609) which we love in a quiet neighborhood.
• We moved during one of the hottest Summers I can remember!
• Found out I was pregnant after we moved (no wonder I was extra tired, ha!)
• Found out we’ll be having a 3rd boy!
• We celebrated C’s 6th birthday!
• We celebrated L’s 1st birthday (and C’s, too) at Legoland!
• I successfully breastfeed L exclusively for an entire year!
• I’m still breastfeeding L even while 8 months pregnant.
• Completed L’s photo a day/Project365.
• C started First grade!
• We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary!
• I launched Inkwitchery.com and got back into beauty/makeup/style via IG (@_beatnikbeauty)
• We added a new gate/arbor to the house as well as landscaped the front yard.
• We’ll be celebrating all the major holidays in our new home.
Whew! Who knew we would have such an eventful 2016? I certainly didn’t. Here’s to a happy and prosperous 2017!
Welcome to INKWITCHERY!
If you’ve followed/known me for a while you’d know I’ve had a number of domains/websites (or online journals, before they were called blogs) since 2000. It has been such a long time since I’ve had a proper website. In fact my last real update was Spring of 2013! A lot has changed and most of it has been documented on my Instagram account (@inkwitchery).
This domain is my renewed attempt at keeping a cohesive online presence that extends beyond the quick FB, Twitter or IG posts.
When and where did you give your first reading? [ full list of questions here ]
My first reading (for myself) was back in early February at home when I was able to free up some time for myself (which is kind of hard when you’ve a rambunctious toddler around!).
I have not given readings for friends as they didn’t even know I read cards up until recently. In the beginning, I didn’t want to take questions and such when I wasn’t sure what I was doing yet.
I cannot tell you how long I’ve been searching for the perfect wrap bracelet/talisman that incorporates all the things I love. I even went so far as to source the items/tools to make it myself, but was discouraged as I hadn’t the jewelry making abilities, the tools, nor time to devote to it.
I came across The Gypsy Rebel shop on Etsy, and immediately gravitated to Lindsay’s creations. Her shop is full of unique and magically delicious pieces. I couldn’t resist. So, with her talent and knowledge we co-created a custom piece to represent the stars, the sea, and the moon – the three things that inspire me – and this is what she made for me.