1. Y’all, I splurged A LOT last month on skincare, makeup, new clogs and other assorted treats for myself. BUT I also picked few gifts along the way to balance things out, ha.
2. The Husband and I have come to the point where we buy ourselves whatever we want for the holidays and birthdays. It’s easier this way. Though every year he manages to sneak a surprise or two.
3. I’m looking forward to 2019. This year has been exhausting mostly because it’s difficult to keep up with two rambunctious toddlers. I’m manifesting a healthy, peaceful, happy, balanced and prosperous year for us. And so it is.
It’s been a while, eh? I notice I go through cycles of wanting to post and share *everything* then suddenly, I have an overwhelming urge to retreat and be a hermit.
Sort of how the moon waxes and wanes.
Admittedly, I much prefer the shadow side.
1. I may have found the perfect journal/notebook! Archer & Olive notebooks have 160gsm paper (!!), two bookmarks, dot grid white paper. I pre-ordered the black Moon notebook last night and now I can’t wait to get it set up for next year.
2. I’ve been writing a shit ton lately. Mostly poetry and prose. Words seem to tumble out of my head and onto the Notes app on my phone late at night when I’m waiting for the boys to fall asleep. It feels good to get it out. The New Moon always triggers my creative/dark side.
3. Also? How many selfies is too many? Asking for a friend.
1. I recently participated in the “Sensual Selfie Challenge” created by Ev’yan Whitney (IG: @evyan.whitney). The goal was to post five themed selfies a day in order to tap into your inner sensual goddess.
It was nerve racking to say the least BUT, I’m so glad I decided to commit to it. I am no stranger to taking selfies (PG or otherwise!) but, this challenge really made me step out of my little bubble.
What’s more, the other participants were so brave, so pure and inspiring. It really made me proud to be among them.
2. I’ve been taking a few hours to myself every week and it has helped tremendously with my sanity. I’m always wracked with ‘Mom guilt’ whenever I attempt to do something for myself but, not anymore. I deserve a break and some peace and quiet.
3. Sometimes ‘peace and quiet’ means getting in my Jeep, rolling down the windows (or taking the top off!) and blasting music as I drive with no particular destination.
I used to do it all the time before kids. THE. BEST. FEELING.
4. It’s almost autumn, my favorite time of year. I can literally feel my creative side re-awakening from the Summer doldrums. Fall and Winter is the time I’m much more in tune with my true self.
5. So, I started watching the series GRIMM (yes, I’m always late to the party!). I went in only knowing the general premise of the show and not much else. Well, what I found out is, each season (except for the last one) has 22 episodes! TWENTY TWO! I’m barely in the middle of season two. This show going to take a while for me to binge watch. I’m hooked on it though and I didn’t think I’d like it. Of course it doesn’t hurt that Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli) is easy on the eyes, ha.
1. When I can get all the chores done (laundry, cleaning etc.) by 11a, that’s a productive day. [ Never mind the fact I’m constantly picking up random toys and what not throughout the day. ]
2. Hi, I’m a perfume addict. Currently sampling five different vials of Le Labo perfume. I love the brand and their aesthetic but, I’ve yet to find ‘the one’ scent that I’d be willing to purchase a full sized bottle for. Santal 33 is at the top but, that’s their most popular scent so, meh.
3. Only 2 weeks of summer vacation left. We’ll soon have a 3rd grader! C has been wanting to go back to school since last month, ha. I’ll have to remind him of this when he’s an angst-y teen who we have to drag out of bed.
Side note: It always feels a little odd to be one of the last districts to start school. Also, I do not miss the extra traffic or drop off/pick up shenanigans!
4. 7 more days until L turns three – eek! I am dreading the terrible three’s. IDK why people always say two year olds are terrors because, in my experience, three year olds are absolute monsters! Though, something tells me L will remain his sweet, go with the flow self. At least I hope he does.
5. So O is getting all four of his canines in at the same time and OMFG y’all, he is one moody little turd! Sometimes I just look at him while he’s tantrum-ing and think, ‘What-the-motherfuck?!’ Honestly, I don’t recall C or L going through this insanity. At least their tantrums weren’t as frequent or as ear piercingly painful. I may never hear well again.
1. Currently searching for just the right journal/sketchbook. It needs to be hardbound in leather (though I’ll make an exception), have 300+ blank pages and about 6×8. So far the ones I’ve seen do not have as many pages as I’d like. It’s out there, somewhere, and I’ll find it!
2. I’m in the middle of the first season of GRIMM and so far it has held my attention. Doesn’t hurt that the male lead is nice to look at.
3. The Husband and I agree, we want to live somewhere where the daytime highs are between 65°-70° and the nights are 40°-45°. Does such a place even exist? If so, that would be our version of heaven.
4. I never thought I would ever (ever!) purchase a two piece swimsuit let alone two of them but, my old ones were too big/loose so I needed replacements. They’re retro, colorful and patterned(!) and best of all, super flattering – love!