The only things I love about Summer :
1. The sun sets earlier every day.
2. C and L’s birthdays; July and August respectively.
3. School’s out = not having to rush around in the mornings
4. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale wherein I stock up on my favorite Philosophy Purity face wash. I love a good deal.
With that said, is it Winter yet? I’m over this stupid heat and humidity. I cannot wait until I can wear long sleeves, boots and jackets again.
1. FUCK this heatwave. I hate Summer and hot weather and humidity and dry heat and brush fires and sweat and grossness.
2. Thankful for AC and cold showers.
3. Is it Winter yet?
4. I can’t believe the year is half over AND I’m happy the year is half over. There is too much BS going on and I’m over it.
1. The last time the Husband and I were alone together for more than 5 hours was the evening O was born.
O is just shy of 18 months. Yes, it has been *that* long.
This is what happens when you don’t want to be those people that constantly pawn/drop off their offspring at the grandparents.
2. So the little monsters slept over at the ILs last night and we spent our afternoon/evening at Disneyland for a proper and MUCH NEEDED date night.
3. Cafe Orleans’ Monte Cristo sandwich, pomme frites, mint juleps and Mickey beignets for dessert – as ‘basic’ Disney fare as you can get and we loved every bite.
4. We also loved being able to watch Fantasmic and the new Pixar Together Forever fireworks from our table out on their patio. It was a great night.
5. We are lucky.
1. Taking a road trip with a 7, 2 and 1 year old is no easy task. Don’t think we’ll be doing it again any time soon.
2. I want to move to Monterey or Carmel. Or any place north of here. Where the forest meets the sea. Bury me there.
3. Got a lot of Jeep waves during our trip. I love being part of the Jeep fam! The Husband has even started to wave back, ha.
4. Disneyland without kids is WAY more fun. There I said it.
5. Thankful for neighbors we can trust and a safe neighborhood.
6. We need more date nights. And alone time, period. It will help with our sanity.
1. I’m not sure what plant to plant to grow up and over our pergola. Part of me wants climbing roses but, we don’t want the added task of pruning them as the blooms die off. Although bright pink roses would look pretty against our bright yellow house…
We already have jasmine, morning glory and moonflower so… maybe clematis?
2. I just started Season 5 of True Blood and OMG there is too much going on. It’s a really good show despite some scenes where I can’t help but, roll my eyes. I may be the only one who isn’t a Sookie fan.
But that loner werewolf, Alcide?! Me-fucking-ow!
3. I am an overpacker. I can’t help it. I need options! I almost always end up changing my mind and going through a dozen outfit changes every morning so how am I supposed to settle on 4 days of outfits? Gah.
4. The state of our country pisses me the hell off that I just can’t keep up with it all anymore. There is too much crap, too much misinformation and way too many LIES going around. What’s worse are the gullible idiots who drink it all up and feel validated. Ugh. It is stressful, maddening and so discouraging. How is this even real life anymore? We are so, SO fucked. I try but, I simply cannot see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel. Good luck to us all.
1. Currently compiling a playlist of songs for our upcoming road trip. Classic Rock, a little Country and late 90s and early 2000s Alternative Rock dominate the list. I really, really(!) miss good music.
I also miss singing. Not just casually singing along to songs while driving or at home but, REAL singing. The kind of singing that requires vocal warmups and sheet music.
I hope at least one of these boys will love all types of music and singing as much as I do.
2. The parking situation in LB is ridiculous. I’m so glad we don’t have to worry about it in our neighborhood but, when in downtown? Ugh. It almost makes me not want to check out any new restaurants when I have to factor in circling the block a few hundred times.
3. Summer break officially began at 2pm. I don’t know if I’ll make it alive (or sane) this summer. Three against one just doesn’t seem fair.