1. Free styling the long holiday weekend. No plans because sometimes it’s better to go with the flow.
2. Sudden summer storms clearing away the gross, hot and muggy air.
3. A new (huge!) tandem stroller for our two under 3 that will surely help strengthen my biceps. I hope.
4. A bushel of passionfruit from our neighbors’ bountiful garden. Thankful to have good (quiet) neighbors.
5. Only 57 days until Halloween! Is it too early to start decorating?
1. The thing with living in a house built in 1906 is there was no air conditioning back then. Yes, our original windows do their job letting the breeze in but, when it inevitably gets hot and humid here in perpetually sunny SoCal, our house is stifling.
2. “They” say it’s because we’re a coastal community which means it never gets *that* hot here so AC wasn’t a necessity yadda, yadda… *I* say STFU because it was 96° today and not even the so-called ocean breeze can compete with that shite.
3. Climate change, people. Climate fucking change.
4. Cue the spiffy new portable AC/dehumidifier unit the Husband’s workmate lent to us (indefinitely? lol). Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways… While it won’t cool down the whole house it WILL make it comfortable enough so that I’m not sweating (and hella cranky) all day.
5. Oreo cookie shakes FTMFW!
QUEEN OF WANDS (allow yourself the freedom to create)
JUDGEMENT (renewal, change, it’s time to shake things up)
When the sun hides and the clouds gather – I thrive.
When the fog rolls in and there’s a crispness in the air – I thrive.
When the flame of a lone candle dances and flickers casting shadows on the walls – I thrive.
When music fills my ears as my hand fills my sketchbook with ink weavings – I thrive.
When I hear little voices shout ‘Mommy!’ and little hands reach to grab mine – I thrive.
When it’s finally witching hour and the little monsters are sound asleep – I thrive.
When it’s finally bedtime and kisses and ‘I love yous’ are whispered in the dark – I thrive.
Decks : #OphidiaRosa by #LeilaOlive & #DailyTendingDivinationDeck by #MaraGlatzel