I know, I know it’s been a while since I’ve had a real entry here. Life is… hectic as fuck y’all!
Let me roll the highlight reel…
1. I’m proud to say I am still (yes, STILL!) exclusively breastfeeding O. Not only that, I’m still tandem-feeding but, only for his daily nap and bedtime.
I am a milk machine!
And I am completely in awe of my body’s ability to sustain, feed and provide for two humans. Fortunately, I have had only one incident of mastitis (that shit ain’t fun y’all). I’m one of the lucky ones.
2. I traded in (with the Husband’s help, natch) my little Scion xB for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport! I’ve wanted a Jeep since I was a teenager. I also wanted a “project”. We decided to only look at certified pre-owned models and scored one in pristine condition (with low miles!) in the limited edition color “Amp’d Anvil”.
As soon as I saw her on the lot, I knew there was no going back to my little xB. Test driving her sealed the deal for me. I was apprehensive about going from my smaller cars (New Beetle, tC and xB) to a Jeep but, the learning curve wasn’t bad at all. It’s nice to be higher up.
I named my new Jeep, LILITH (yes, after the dark goddess) and I cannot love her more. I (well, WE) added a few (mostly cosmetic but, also necessary!) modifications since I got it in December. I have a running list of accessories I want to get – I know, like, who am I? lol
Next year though, she’ll get new wheels and tires because she needs to be lifted and have 35s (maaaybe 37s), ha.
Also? I cannot wait to take the top(s) off this Summer!
2. I celebrated my 39th birthday on 1/25 and I can’t lie, I’m freaking out a little bit about this being the last year in my 30s. I’m trying not to feel like I need to do EVERYTHING before I’m “too old”. I’m sure that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but me.
3. The Husband, meanwhile, celebrated his 40th the other day. He has never been the type to draw attention to himself or party. I practically had to make him go out for drinks with his friends.
As a gift to himself he’s currently hunting for a new vehicle. He has wanted a truck for years and decided now is the time to get one. He deserves it so.
4. My newly shaded sleeve is healing nicely from my second session. My artist wasn’t able to finish (due to me only being able to carve out 3 hours at a time) BUT I’m not too bummed about it as it’s only a small portion.
I’ll head back next month to finish it up AND get additional tattoos. I have quite a few little designs I want in various places.
5. I’m starting to write (and re-work my old stuff) again and it feels good. My writing (poetry and prose) tends to leans toward the “erotic” and I’ve always felt shy/fearful about posting it online. I don’t want to offend or trigger but, I also feel the need to share so IDK.
6. With the little free time I have I’m trying to draw more. I “write” on my phone using the Notes app so it’s easy to jot things down as they come to me but, hauling out my gigantic sketchbook and pens is not as quick and easy. I try to draw while the toddlers take their afternoon naps but, that isn’t always a guaranteed. In any case I draw when I can and I’m thankful for the time I do get.
7. O’s first birthday is on the 16th and y’all, I’m still in shock we have THREE kids. If you asked me at 25 if I wanted kids, I would have said NOPE. Now here we are. I would have never thought we’d have one kid let alone three! Funny how things work out.
Also? We’re exhausted!