1. I recently participated in the “Sensual Selfie Challenge” created by Ev’yan Whitney (IG: @evyan.whitney). The goal was to post five themed selfies a day in order to tap into your inner sensual goddess.
It was nerve racking to say the least BUT, I’m so glad I decided to commit to it. I am no stranger to taking selfies (PG or otherwise!) but, this challenge really made me step out of my little bubble.
What’s more, the other participants were so brave, so pure and inspiring. It really made me proud to be among them.
2. I’ve been taking a few hours to myself every week and it has helped tremendously with my sanity. I’m always wracked with ‘Mom guilt’ whenever I attempt to do something for myself but, not anymore. I deserve a break and some peace and quiet.
3. Sometimes ‘peace and quiet’ means getting in my Jeep, rolling down the windows (or taking the top off!) and blasting music as I drive with no particular destination.
I used to do it all the time before kids. THE. BEST. FEELING.
4. It’s almost autumn, my favorite time of year. I can literally feel my creative side re-awakening from the Summer doldrums. Fall and Winter is the time I’m much more in tune with my true self.
5. So, I started watching the series GRIMM (yes, I’m always late to the party!). I went in only knowing the general premise of the show and not much else. Well, what I found out is, each season (except for the last one) has 22 episodes! TWENTY TWO! I’m barely in the middle of season two. This show going to take a while for me to binge watch. I’m hooked on it though and I didn’t think I’d like it. Of course it doesn’t hurt that Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli) is easy on the eyes, ha.