Ok so I haven’t updated in a while. Let’s make a list of what’s happened so far this year…
1. We spent my 40th birthday in Vegas. Just a quick overnight trip to celebrate our birthdays together (yay Aquarius!) WITHOUT the kids. We did adult things like having uninterrupted conversations, eating our food while it’s still hot, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and getting 8 hours of SLEEP! It was wonderful and SO needed. Can’t wait for another date night.
2. O turned two and he is most definitely living up to the ‘terrible two’ label. He’s our wildest child. He’s loud and crazy, fearless and silly, talkative and sweet. He and L are either at each other’s throats or BFFs.
3. The Boys in general are doing well. C’s loving school (math especially!) and his teacher is amazing. L loves anything Sesame Street and things that go. He’s also my little helper. They are successfully driving the Husband and I insane and we couldn’t be any more proud, ha.
4. We have enjoyed all the rain this season! Not only did we get rain, we had thunder and lightning storms, and even hail! I cannot express how much I have loved all this gorgeously gloomy weather! That said, I’m NOT looking forward to Summer because I know it will probably be intense.
5. Yoga is going very well. I’m so glad I decided to get back into it on the regular. I attend classes 4x a week. Two of those classes are more strenuous (Vinyasa) while the others are mellow/restorative. I love both equally and hope to incorporate Flow once I can fit the class into my/our schedule.
6. Unfortunately my creative muses have left me. I haven’t felt the need/urge to draw lately. I think it’s partly due to yoga. See, drawing and writing was/is my way of meditating. I turned to either when I was anxious or stressed or if my mind was spinning. The other (major) part is not having any time to sit without being interrupted. *sigh* I’ll get back to it when I can.
7. Y’know how some people feel reinvigorated when Spring/Summer arrives? I do believe I’m the opposite. All I can think about is how hot it’s going to be and how my allergies (sinus and skin) will make me feel like I’m slowly dying.
As a way to be proactive, I have increased my Vitamin D intake as well as changed my multivitamin. I feel this combo has really helped lessen my nearly year-round allergy attacks. Though I really can’t do anything for my skin (I break out in a splotchy/itchy rash when exposed to the sun) other than slather on sunscreen every day.
There are other fun things in the works but, I’ll write about that when it happens! 😉