Is there such a thing as coincidence? Are we supposed to take certain things as a ‘sign’ or omen of what’s to come? Or is does everything happen for a reason? Or are our experiences things that were going to happen no matter what we do? I find myself contemplating those questions often these days.
When I began to really delve into researching about Paganism, specifically neo-paganism, witchcraft, astrology (though, I’ve always been a fan of reading my horoscopes because of my mom), and tarot divination, I found so many interesting coincidences, and/or associations, and as silly as they may seem to other people, I found them to be significant.
- The ruling sign of the “Star” tarot card is Aquarius. I’m an aquarius, my friends know me as Star (long story lol), and you all know my eternal, burning love of stars.
- The astrological sign of Aquarius is associated with the planet Uranus, the Star tarot card, and the element of Air.
- The number 4 (my favorite number!) is associated with the planet Uranus and the element of Air.
- The Greek goddess Amphiritie is the ruler of the sea, or the personification of the sea. It’s no secret that I have a deep love for the ocean, the sea, and for as long as I can remember, I’ve collected seashells.
- The Greek goddess Hecate/Hekate is associated with the moon, night, the sea. I see/hear/read of her everywhere and I can’t help but wonder if she’s making herself known to me.
- Two gemstones I love are Labradorite and Moonstone; they’re associated with the planet Uranus and the sign of Aquarius, and the moon, femininity, and the goddess, respectively
Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m just reaching, but I can’t ignore all of those associations. (Also, correct me if I’m wrong w/ my associations!) All of this has really fueled my research into sea witchery, and witchcraft.