Welcome to INKWITCHERY!
If you’ve followed/known me for a while you’d know I’ve had a number of domains/websites (or online journals, before they were called blogs) since 2000. It has been such a long time since I’ve had a proper website. In fact my last real update was Spring of 2013! A lot has changed and most of it has been documented on my Instagram account (@inkwitchery).
This domain is my renewed attempt at keeping a cohesive online presence that extends beyond the quick FB, Twitter or IG posts.
1. The Husband, turned ‘gardener’, for keeping the front yard looking as cottage-y garden-esque as possible. He deadheads the roses, prunes the rosemary, waters the succulents, edges and mows the grass. He even makes sure the bird feeder is kept full. He is what pride of ownership is all about, folks.
2. YouTube for the numerous and informative videos on how to give yourself a haircut (long layers via ponytail!) and essential half-moon bang trims. Money saved and anxiety, over having too much hair cut, abated.
3. The Dodgers heading to the World Series not because I’m a fan (not into sports, really) but, because it made the Husband so, so, SO happy.
4. Not needing to “suck it in” for photos, ha. Still a work in progress but, hooray for small victories!
5. Herbal teas and coffee and refreshing ice cold water because I can’t drink enough liquids while I’m breastfeeding!
Don’t mind me, just admiring my new ink.
It has been far too long since I’ve heard the familiar buzz of a tattoo gun. 5 years, give or take. I’ve always wanted more but, had to wait because of my pregnancies, then breastfeeding, and other necessities (like buying our first home, remodeling, then selling it, then buying our second home then moving/settling in, then landscaping and painting the exterior… oy!).
Now that things have begun to calm down (not really though because hello, we have 3 kids!) it’s time.
It’s ME time.
It’s time to get all the designs I’ve been working on the last 5ish years out of my head and onto my skin.
C’s birth date was etched onto my wrist when he was about 7 months old. I had plans to get L’s birth date done around his first birthday but, that was when I found out I was (surprise!) pregnant with our third. O is 7 months old now so no more excuses.
It was worth the wait to get both L and O’s birth dates at the same time. Just simple Roman numerals to represent three special dates and three special little boys.
Adding to their birth dates is a concept I came up with soon after I found out I was having our third boy. The Husband stated I would be the “queen” with all my little monsters. While I am out numbered, I’m well loved.
I chose a queen bee because she (and the collective hive) represent family, unity, working together, communication, and striving for/enjoying the sweetness of life. The crown is simple (because I’m not that bougie, ha). It incorporates an alternative triple moon symbol. I wanted the center or “full moon” to be a hexagon as a nod to a beehive. C was born during a full moon, L during a waxing moon and then O during a waning moon. The body of the bee includes a pentacle to represent the five of us. I especially love the dotwork shading style she used as it doesn’t feel or look too dark/heavy. Honestly, this pretty queen bee could not be a more perfect representation of our family.
1. Grocery shopping and having a full fridge, freezer and pantry.
2. An evening spent with my loves at California Adventure.
3. Good hair and face day!
4. Pumpkin spice churros with cream cheese filling – OMG!
5. Snuggling with my two youngest babies as they fall asleep.
1. Being able to say, “Let’s go to Disneyland!” any day or time we desire. The hella expensive passes are worth it because we all have a great time – every time. What’s more, I can babywear O and that means we can go on most of the rides TOGETHER.
2. Late night conversations with a special friend who I would not have met 3 years ago if not for *just* the right circumstances. Timing is everything, folks. (Is that vague enough or what?)
3. Finding $100 in between two cards in my wallet. I don’t recall where it came from or from who (thanks to Mom brain) but, I definitely appreciate it. Thank you, Universe!
4. All my pants/jeans are falling off me and everything is much roomier than I remember. I’m am thankful for this tandem breastfeeding/allergy-free diet. Can I just breastfeed forever?
5. Had sex twice this week. Y’all, that’s a major accomplishment! These kids can be such cockblockers. lol
Halloween is near and I couldn’t be more excited. However, there isn’t a lick of the typical Halloween decor up. We’ve been so busy almost every day it’s difficult to find the time to haul everything out of the garage. Plus, with L getting into everything and O’s separation anxiety, I’m thinking the only decorating we’ll be doing is on our front porch.
In any case, I’ve been in the mood to draw and doodle. I thought I’d try out drawing people/figures and objects instead of my usual zentangles/zendoodles.
As you can see there’s definitely some room for improvement, ha.