1. Grocery shopping and having a full fridge, freezer and pantry.
2. An evening spent with my loves at California Adventure.
3. Good hair and face day!
4. Pumpkin spice churros with cream cheese filling – OMG!
5. Snuggling with my two youngest babies as they fall asleep.
1. Being able to say, “Let’s go to Disneyland!” any day or time we desire. The hella expensive passes are worth it because we all have a great time – every time. What’s more, I can babywear O and that means we can go on most of the rides TOGETHER.
2. Late night conversations with a special friend who I would not have met 3 years ago if not for *just* the right circumstances. Timing is everything, folks. (Is that vague enough or what?)
3. Finding $100 in between two cards in my wallet. I don’t recall where it came from or from who (thanks to Mom brain) but, I definitely appreciate it. Thank you, Universe!
4. All my pants/jeans are falling off me and everything is much roomier than I remember. I’m am thankful for this tandem breastfeeding/allergy-free diet. Can I just breastfeed forever?
5. Had sex twice this week. Y’all, that’s a major accomplishment! These kids can be such cockblockers. lol
Halloween is near and I couldn’t be more excited. However, there isn’t a lick of the typical Halloween decor up. We’ve been so busy almost every day it’s difficult to find the time to haul everything out of the garage. Plus, with L getting into everything and O’s separation anxiety, I’m thinking the only decorating we’ll be doing is on our front porch.
In any case, I’ve been in the mood to draw and doodle. I thought I’d try out drawing people/figures and objects instead of my usual zentangles/zendoodles.
As you can see there’s definitely some room for improvement, ha.
1. First tattoo(s) consultation in about 6 years with a new tattoo artist who I’ve been following on IG for over a year. Immediately loved the zen vibe of the studio and her personality. Can not wait to get inked next month!
2. Pumpkin spice Krispy Kreme donuts – so good!
3. Needing to buy new jeans because all my favorite ones are falling off.
4. The way the boys’ faces lights up whenever they hear their favorite songs or watch their favorite movies.
5. My mom wants to celebrate her birthday at our house AND bring all the food – ha.
I dabble in a lot of creative hobbies and interests. I bounce around from writing to making jewelry, to singing, then gardening, to decorating…
However art, specifically drawing, has always been my go-to. Sitting down with pen in hand, sketchbook in front of me and my favorite tunes in the background is unadulterated bliss. I can leave the hectic world behind, get in my creative zone and conjure my own brand of magic.
For me, art and music go hand in hand. I love both equally and unequivocally.
1. Free styling the long holiday weekend. No plans because sometimes it’s better to go with the flow.
2. Sudden summer storms clearing away the gross, hot and muggy air.
3. A new (huge!) tandem stroller for our two under 3 that will surely help strengthen my biceps. I hope.
4. A bushel of passionfruit from our neighbors’ bountiful garden. Thankful to have good (quiet) neighbors.
5. Only 57 days until Halloween! Is it too early to start decorating?