Over the past couple years my skin has gone from super dry (thanks to pregnancy/breastfeeding hormones!) to oily/combination. I can appreciate a good moisturizer and Herbivore Botanicals Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Creme has become a top favorite.
leaves skin dewy not greasy
not travel friendly
I was skeptical at first but, my dry skin was saved by using this moisturizer (and the other products from this line)!
I apply a small amount to my face after cleansing and toning. It’s lightweight, goes on smooth and my skin drinks it up. Once it sinks in (about 10 minutes or so) my skin is left feeling soft, smooth, hydrated and dewy. I enjoy the light rose scent and I didn’t experience any irritation or other issues. I find that as long as I don’t use too much and let it fully absorb, it won’t pill while applying makeup over it.
The only thing I wish it had was SPF, otherwise its a solid moisturizer and I will be repurchasing.
Finally getting around to reviewing the Herbivore Botanicals skincare line! First up is their Moonfruit Superfruit Night Treatment.
comes w/ scoop
fun purple color
not travel friendly
I’ve been using this night treatment for a few months now and it has become something I look forward to applying at the end of the day.
After cleansing and toning, I use the scoop to get out a small amount of product. A little goes a long way with this as it has an almost whipped texture. The purple color disappears as you work the cream into your skin. It only takes a minute or two to completely sink in and there’s no greasy feeling or tacky residue. I found the scent to be relaxing and not overwhelming. The scent dissipates after an hour or so.
In the morning my skin looks and feels incredibly smooth and hydrated. This works very well with their Brighten Pineapple Enzyme mask to exfoliate and smooth my skin. My skin is usually sensitive and I did not notice any adverse side effects with continued use. In fact, I’m almost out of this and the Pink Cloud Creme and will be repurchasing both.
1. FUCK this heatwave. I hate Summer and hot weather and humidity and dry heat and brush fires and sweat and grossness.
2. Thankful for AC and cold showers.
3. Is it Winter yet?
4. I can’t believe the year is half over AND I’m happy the year is half over. There is too much BS going on and I’m over it.
1. The last time the Husband and I were alone together for more than 5 hours was the evening O was born.
O is just shy of 18 months. Yes, it has been *that* long.
This is what happens when you don’t want to be those people that constantly pawn/drop off their offspring at the grandparents.
2. So the little monsters slept over at the ILs last night and we spent our afternoon/evening at Disneyland for a proper and MUCH NEEDED date night.
3. Cafe Orleans’ Monte Cristo sandwich, pomme frites, mint juleps and Mickey beignets for dessert – as ‘basic’ Disney fare as you can get and we loved every bite.
4. We also loved being able to watch Fantasmic and the new Pixar Together Forever fireworks from our table out on their patio. It was a great night.
5. We are lucky.
1. Taking a road trip with a 7, 2 and 1 year old is no easy task. Don’t think we’ll be doing it again any time soon.
2. I want to move to Monterey or Carmel. Or any place north of here. Where the forest meets the sea. Bury me there.
3. Got a lot of Jeep waves during our trip. I love being part of the Jeep fam! The Husband has even started to wave back, ha.
4. Disneyland without kids is WAY more fun. There I said it.
5. Thankful for neighbors we can trust and a safe neighborhood.
6. We need more date nights. And alone time, period. It will help with our sanity.
1. I’m not sure what plant to plant to grow up and over our pergola. Part of me wants climbing roses but, we don’t want the added task of pruning them as the blooms die off. Although bright pink roses would look pretty against our bright yellow house…
We already have jasmine, morning glory and moonflower so… maybe clematis?
2. I just started Season 5 of True Blood and OMG there is too much going on. It’s a really good show despite some scenes where I can’t help but, roll my eyes. I may be the only one who isn’t a Sookie fan.
But that loner werewolf, Alcide?! Me-fucking-ow!
3. I am an overpacker. I can’t help it. I need options! I almost always end up changing my mind and going through a dozen outfit changes every morning so how am I supposed to settle on 4 days of outfits? Gah.
4. The state of our country pisses me the hell off that I just can’t keep up with it all anymore. There is too much crap, too much misinformation and way too many LIES going around. What’s worse are the gullible idiots who drink it all up and feel validated. Ugh. It is stressful, maddening and so discouraging. How is this even real life anymore? We are so, SO fucked. I try but, I simply cannot see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel. Good luck to us all.